One of the most important things to do to ensure a fully-functioning nervous system is giving it the best fuel or food available to heal and send messages. Many chronic conditions could be healed more quickly by people putting whole foods into their bodies. But most people don’t do that.
Imagine trying to remodel a house with shoddy building material. Instead of picking the best material out there, we just grabbed whatever we could. It would definitely take longer and probably wouldn’t hold together. Now imagine if those tools and building materials were on fire! Nothing could get done if that was the case, other than running around in a panic, trying to call 911!
Unfortunately, many patients try to do the same thing. But they use their bodies! The same principles apply. Specific foods that we eat on a regular basis create this fire inside the body called “inflammation.”
Here are the 5 foods I recommend to keep a close eye on when you can’t seem to get the results you want:
- Refined Sugar – Sugar goes by many nicknames, so look out for any word ending in “ose” like fructose or sucrose on ingredient labels.
- Soy – Despite what marketing has told the public, soy isn’t really that good for you.
- Gluten – Gluten is found in wheat, rye, barley or foods that are made with those items.
- Dairy – As much as 60% of the world’s population cannot digest milk. Are you in that group?
- Alcohol – Regular high consumption of alcohol causes irritation and inflammation; limit your consumption to no more than one drink per day.
Now all inflammation isn’t bad — it is part of the body’s immune response like when you cut or bruise yourself. However, constant inflammation that we get from certain foods can cause even more inflammation, leading to a self-perpetuating cycle. In other words, more inflammation is created in response to the existing inflammation — a crazy cycle!
Just as Smokey the Bear says, “Only you can prevent forest fires.” Except this time, the forest is YOUR body.