I have people who ask me why some people heal faster in the office compared to others who take longer. I’ve had some of the greatest realizations from these people, so I appreciate their asking, and if some people are asking about it, then I know others are thinking it, so let’s address it right here. This is one of the quickest explanations that I have for you. There are 3 stressors that cause resistance in our lives. These are: Physical Stressors, Chemical Stressors, and Emotional Stressors.
We wouldn’t be helping the “whole” of YOU heal, if we didn’t address ALL of these stressors, so today, let’s talk about removing 5 emotional stressors that the Ego causes symptomatically which ends up slowing our healing down. These 5 things are:
1. Defensiveness – The Leaning Tower of Pisa in all of it’s magnificence has a hidden secret beneath the surface. Pulleys, levers, and hydraulics are used to counterbalance the weight of the building while the constant force of gravity bears down on the building. If we just stood the building upright, it would free up so much energy that could be used in a helpful way rather than “defend” it’s misaligned position. There is no end to the time and resources you use in defending your ego that constantly needs to be right, and makes it incredibly easy to react, to focus in a negative way, all in the name of defending its position. To prove my point even further, you’ll notice that characters in movies often have to defend one lie by many other lies in order to protect the first one. All of your energy will be wasted on defending something rather than allowing yourself to heal. It may even make you wonder, “How much energy could I free up by addressing my alignment?”
2. Comparison – Ego feeds off of comparison, so any time you feel superior or inferior to others, it is the ego that is talking. The moment you say that you are “better than” someone else, then you open yourself up to “not being as good as” someone else in your imagined “never measuring up” ego banter. Comparison breeds insecurity, so if you take any action out of insecurity in your healing process, you’ll seem to find lots of health care practitioners who remind you of your insecurity by telling you “what’s wrong with you,” rather than celebrate what’s “right with you.” People don’t have to make scary choices in our office. By removing any interference to your nerve system of communication, doctors at The Specific Chiropractic Center help people like you get to where you want to go, and it’s all built on your own Innate Intelligence, which has no need to justify its existence, because it’s brilliant in and of itself, which is why we get to celebrate it often.
3. Judgement – If you have a mote in your eye, then it’s easy to see a splinter in someone else’s eye, and this judgement holds you in a state of non healing, because of your unwillingness to forgive. If there’s anything I’ve learned as a doctor is that a lack of forgiveness holds people back not only physically, but also emotionally, and financially. It’s quite interesting really, because some people would rather “give away” some of their power to heal by using someone or something else as a condition of why they cannot heal.
4. Illusion – Eckhart Tolle once said: “Whenever you become defensive, know that you have identified yourself with an illusion.” We’re always creating, whether we’re creating a false image that the ego has carved out for itself, or we are allowing our soul to create a clearer vision of who we really are. The soul speaks through clarity in who we are, and what we are truly capable of, while ego would have us forget it. Remember, who you really are doesn’t even need to be defended because YOU ARE AMAZING!
5. Fear of Embarrassment – Ego often prevents you from embarrassment, because, when you had an idea that was rejected, made fun of, or ignored when you were younger, your ego made you promise to never feel stupid like that again! We see some of the most miraculous things happening in someone’s body, and some people have no problem saying that it was an Upper Cervical Specific Chiropractor who helped them experience that miracle. Yet others are worried about what others might think about them seeing a chiropractor and therefore don’t get the best results they could! Adjusting at the right time and place at the top of your neck, and getting out of the way of the body’s Innate Intelligence may seem a little too good to be true to some, but it’s my favorite way to operate. It’s the ego that would say that “you need to be visiting with the best medical doctors in the country,” while the soul would say: “Make room for me to work, and I’ll show you excellent healing!”
Knowing Your Well-Being,
Dr. Eric McEntire D.C.